I try my best not to download apps because I already waste enough of my precious time on trivial activities *ahem* Instagram and Facebook. But, I promise you, Spotify is different.
Ever since it’s been on my cell phone, I’ve forgotten Pandora even exists–yes, it’s that great. As of recently, I’ve been scrolling through pre-made playlists and came across some fantastic stuff.
Exhibit A: Blues Masters
Exhibit B: Legendary Guitar Solos
Exhibit C: What a minute, let’s go back to Exhibit B.
Now these “Legendary Guitar Solos” are classics but I think the list is lacking.
Here’s what the playlist entails:
- Eruption – Van Halen
- Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin
- Hotel California – Eagles
- Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd
- All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
- Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits
- Free Bird – Lynyrd Skynrd
- Texas Flood – Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Layla – Derek & The Dominoes
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
- Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers – Jeff Beck
- November Rain – Guns N’ Roses
- Europa (Earth’s Cry Heaven’s Smile) – Santana
- Highway Star – Deep Purple
- Reelin’ In The Years – Steely Dan
- Stranglehold – Ted Nugent
- Shock Me – Kiss
- Stray Cat Strut – Stray Cats
- Working Man – Rush
- Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
- Hitch A Ride – Boston
- Aqualung – Jethro Tull
- 25 Or 6 To 4 – Chicago
Now, I like pretty much all of these songs but I’m not going to lie… I’m surprised to see some of them on this list. For example, “Reelin’ In the Years” by Steely Dan. To be completely honest it is not a song that I immediate think, “wow, those are some sick solos.”
Out of curiosity, I just wanted to know if anyone thinks the list is lacking. If so, what would you add or take away?